Learning can be a fun process
At Atitlan Spanish School Jardin de America we understand the learning process as a creative process, by making material available in different forms we make sure to provide an efficient teacher/student mechanism.
- Table games to practice recent acquired vocabulary/grammar; ie Scrabble
- Spanish language movies (some with sub-titles for beginners);ie La Hija del Puma
- In your free time you can watch Spanish language tv channels in our students/teachers room
- Spanish Language Music (including local rock, salsa and merengue if you like to dance -ask for our salsa lessons, they are available on demand, a small extra fee could apply-)
- COOKING CLASS: this is a Premium, available for small groups, learn to cook local Mayan dish, like Pulike with 1 or 2 kinds of meat, Chiles Rellenos, Dobladas – a special fried tortilla-, tostadas and many other Guatemalan food.
- MAKE YOUR OWN TORTILLA, yes, some of our spanish teachers are really good at the kitchen and they enjoy sharing it with you, make your own tortilla and put some avocado on top, mmm, yummi!!!