Help Guatemalan Children with Special Needs – Caminos de Esperanza School
Practice your spanish in real life situations while helping others at the local non-profit Caminos de Esperanza, located in Panajachel, and institution providing attention to young guatemalan people with different special needs: physical disabilities, learning problems, malnourishment, etc.; all made worse by extreme poverty. Atitlan Spanish School – Jardin de America is involved in the proper functioning of this non-profit:
- We have been recognized by the Guatemala Ministry of Education as the only School for Kids with Special Needs
- We are helping build a six class room school for students with special needs.
- Teachers from around the world help in the school while they are learning Spanish
- We find work for unemployed youth who are of risk of falling into a life of drug addiction and violence.
- We work with foreign doctors and nurses (some of whom are learning Spanish with us) at free clinics.
- We do what we can to get donations to maintain and grow “Caminos de Esperanza”.
- Donations for Caminos de Esperanza are welcomed, get in touch with:
Opening Our New School Caminos de Esperanza, with volunteers from Atitlan Spanish School Jardin de America Panajachel
Students at Caminos de Esperanza, with volunteers from Atitlan Spanish School Jardin de America Panajachel